Which Motorcycle to Buy
Are looking to buy a new motorcycle and are confused whether you should go for a Sports Bike or a Cruiser. Well both these motorcycle types have pros and cons, so read this article before proceeding ahead.
So guys, before proceeding ahead with the choice of the bike, let us discuss the features of both bike types:
Cruiser Versus Racing Motorcycle
- In a cruiser, you sit straight with feet forward and hands raised and you have an upright sitting posture while when you sit on a racing motorcycle, you sit against the tank as the foot pegs are higher and your weight is shifted forward due to this.
- Cruisers are equipped with high amount of horse power while have torque on the lower side while Racing Motorcycles have higher torques that are idle for instant acceleration.
- The main purpose of a Cruiser is for a long touring while that of a Sports Bike are for short rides and have higher cornering ability and efficient braking.
So, as we have discussed the pros and cons of both the cruises and Sports Motorcycles. So, if you are planning for those long rides where comfort is the main factor and also an easy to handle bike, you should go for a cruiser while on the other hand, if you are looking for a bike with high accelaration, lots of power and low for comfort.
With that being said, I would also like to say that the Indian market is flooded with bikes, so I would list a few of the top cruisers as well Sports Bikes:
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird X: The newly launched Thunderbird tops the charts and is the most comfortable cruiser.
- Bajaj Avenger: Go for this bike, if you are looking for a bike with lower seat. Also, once can wait for the new Avenger 400 that is due to be launched in a few months.
- Suzuki Intruder 150CC: This motorcycle is a very good choice for a cruiser but the power is on the lower end.
These were the top cruisers that once can buy for around 2 lacs while you can also go for an Harley or Triump motorcycle
Top Racing Bikes
- Yamaha R15: This bike from Yamaha is topping the charts as the best Sports Motorcycle.
- Honda CBR 250R: A very good bike to consider. A well suited for Indian Roads.
- Bajaj Pular 220: Another good choice for a Racing Motorcycle. One can go for the ABS version launched recently
The above listed are the top Racing Motorcycles under 2 Lacs, however one can also go for the Hayabusa’s and other racing bike available with higher CC.
I hope that you would find this article beneficial in choosing your new bike.
Thanks for reading guys, stay tuned for new stuff coming soon.